The inner workings of fear


Sometimes I hear them, down the halls, their wailing, like falling down and falling again, and again “how do they fall if they’re not even standing” I ask. I hear the screeching on the walls, it echoes it’s like thunder but the storm doesn’t end, I’m wrapped up into a ball in my small corner of this corrupt atmosphere, people pass by, every second they don’t pause they move on slowly with a blank look on their faces, terrified of their own demons. The walls are wet, the floors soaked in blood and tears but where else can we walk, where else can we let our tears fall. The screams grow louder; it starts to sound like they are pounding on the walls, they torture me but in their defense they too are tortured, the passersby grow thinner, at first it was in seven’s then thirds and now all I see are hungry mice scouring the grounds for an overdue breakfast. The sharp cold starts to sting you, the first reminder of loneliness, in reality the sun is shining, but you just can’t see it. You see a light but’s its dim and scattered, the sounds start to seem to wear off, the voices slowly trail away, but then, the shadows appear, and they float slowly from the far end of the hallway, growing in the dim light, the wind whispers “Run!” But my feet refuse to move, the walls  start to smile at me, as they move closer, at a quicker pace than the shadows, the question , who will kill me first!. I’m shaking, not from the cold or the fear, maybe to distract me from whats coming, I tug at my loose ripped sweatpants, holding on to my knees for comfort, swaying back and forth as I did, glad the sounds where gone, “but now what of the shadow” I ask myself slowly raising my head toward the hallway and sure enough it’s still coming, all of them, like a pack of wolves. And then I remember the smiling walls. A song starts to ride through my head, “we’re going home , tell the world that we’re going home” but where is home, because if you ask me home is exactly where your demons are, the smart thing would be to run. But the shadows, they’re coming and they’re not looking for home, they’re looking for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jennette McCurdy's Dirty Details Aired

Lilly Singh Aka IISuperwomanII Gay or YouStraight

Miley Cyrus Shares a little tongue with little ladies