NEW NIGERIA vs OUR NIGERIA Merry Christmas ...xoxo

I woke up today a writer. For the first time in  a long time breathing in the same air I have for as long as I've lived but with a new scent to it, a hope scented assurance of growth, that recognition between yourself that you have come a long way so far. Today was my day and I thought I'd share with you why.
 As an African, pride is a design flaw we were told to apply positively. But looking back I don't see the pride in our design as crucially as the prophets of African pride portrayed it, a proud nation doesn't take away from itself more than it allows itself to have. Where in this design did we settle for the standard of living we are currently enduring.

Reading a book How Intelligence Kills :By Ofili Okechukwu I realize how as a Nigerian I have allowed myself to accept the shit I've been dealt.
I mean the literal shitty situations like no permanent ruining water, no regular supply of electricity, or reliability in driving your vehicle on properly paved highways or even streets without the wobbly rattling and painful dance of the vehicle against hard cracks and deep potholes in the street. How we have come to accept that as normal is questionable, but in his book Ofili has in excruciating depth showed us how the system in itself is cooked in such a rare medium that it has conditioned us into accepting this as a common and even anticipated condition, from boarding schools today that have gone from pristine colleges of educating the future of tomorrow to an institution to animalize the young Nigerian child, from antagonist teachers to the very constant "occasional" whipping we have deemed necessary by the rise of misbehaved you could almost say animalistic.
Behaviors from children today. But we've failed to understand you can only teach a man how he is expected to respond, beating and cursing on a child to inspire a better performance has never and I commit to this with the certainty of a thousand lived lives and a fortitude of knowledge google has provided and will never work. Ofili calls "NYSC"  National youth service Corp a program that "exacerbates the anti-ajebota problem". 

A national mandatory orientation call to the encompassed bondage a culinary  understanding of what Nigeria holds after the challenge of secondary school, to university, even Alevel for some people, only to be confronted with the heavy realization that it doesn't get any better, where our graduated Nigerian elite scholars are deployed to live in camps under the most deplorable conditions, its almost as if the government has taken its chance to whisper "you're fucked" in your ear one last time before you assume the title of one of the many unemployed graduates in Nigeria, that is if your parents don't know someone who knows someone.   I just call it as i see it people, lying takes effort that's why most of these Nigerian politicians out here loosing they hair. I'm almost bothered that writing my mind here might offend some people but to hell with offense, it don't pay my bills never has.
Nigeria is a beautiful place, Africa is too, some of the most amazing people I've met live ther til date.
We cook every damn day, eating good food and I don't just mean jellof rice, we are a creative bunch, agidi, garri and betta okro or egusi soup to each their own, ekpankoko, loi loi, gbanga soup, the list goes on. we invite neighbors over, serve our guest treat people with hospitality. love each other because we are all each others really got, where the next man stops try to scheme his neighbor in some way or the other, I dream too, like martin I dream that one day I can walk down the streets of Lagos without a clenched fist and a paragraph long prayer point to make it to my destination without getting robbed or raped or beaten to death if someone yells thief and the wrong person points at me for walking around in bright yellow and carrying a book bag on my back...... yup I'm the worlds most creative thief in this scenario. It could happen!
 you never know.


Growing up in a society that urges you to preserve the good things in life because you do not yet deserve them, hindering your happiness whilst praying vigorously to make heaven and finally be happy is almost comical but it is actually exactly as is. (ACCURATE)
I'm sure you gala peddlers have a plan, to one day invent a big gala factory maybe not name it gala, but because of your lack of creativity you name it AGala and it sells, people like it and you now own a multi million dollar company......... "Idiot how much for 2 gala" everyone knows gala is fifty naira each; but still some random stranger wakes you up from your dream into the reality that you're still in the scorching heat burned by the very real misfortune of illiteracy. your dream ends there, your silence being your own demise. 
"if man learned to dream bigger the world could not contain the gravity of creativity"- By DJ CLypse......xoxo later haters CLEO OUT!!





Image result for nysc nigeria




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jennette McCurdy's Dirty Details Aired

Miley Cyrus Shares a little tongue with little ladies

Lilly Singh Aka IISuperwomanII Gay or YouStraight